How I Set Up My Multi-Platform Gaming Live Stream at 2K 60FPS: A First-Hand Experience

Recently, I set up a gaming live stream that would allow me to broadcast simultaneously on YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and even TikTok — all at 2K resolution and 60 frames per second. This was achieved with the help of YoloBox Ultra and YoloLiv Instream. 

Watch on Youtube... https://youtu.be/iZ7xP-rEkeU

Here’s a detailed look at how I did it.

The Heart of My Setup: YoloBox Ultra and YoloLiv Instream

The two main devices driving my stream are the YoloBox Ultra and the YoloLiv Instream. The YoloBox Ultra lets me stream to multiple platforms at once—whether it’s YouTube, Facebook, or Twitch. What I love most is the fact that I can do it in 2K resolution at 60 frames per second with a bit rate of 8,000 kbps. While you can only see the full effect of 2K/60fps on YouTube and Twitch, it’s smoother and sharper.

With the YoloLiv Instream, I can stream on platforms like TikTok and Instagram. For this setup, I focused on TikTok, but rather than streaming at 2K, it is limited to 1080p at 30fps, which is plenty for mobile viewers.

Connecting My Gaming Laptop to the Stream

To get the actual gaming footage into the stream, I connected my Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 gaming laptop to HDMI input number two on the YoloBox Ultra. I also extended the display to two additional monitors—one through USB-C and the other via HDMI. The external monitor is what I look at during the game. The YoloBox duplicates this display. 

Adding the Webcam for Reactions

For my face cam, I used the OBSBOT Tiny 2, a webcam that tracks my movements. It’s plugged into USB input number one on the YoloBox Ultra. I also utilized a picture-in-picture layout so that my webcam overlay appears on top of the gameplay. This way, viewers can see both my gameplay and my reactions. 

Audio Setup: Balancing Gameplay and Voice

Audio is another critical part of any live stream. For my setup, the gameplay audio comes in stereo through HDMI 2 from my gaming laptop, while my voice is picked up by the OBSBOT Tiny 2. You might think fan noise would be an issue, but the OBSBOT Tiny 2 has excellent noise reduction, so it filters out the laptop fan noise quite effectively.

Internet and Power: Ensuring Stability

Since a stable connection is essential for multi-platform streaming, I connected the YoloBox Ultra to the internet via an Ethernet cable. I also made sure it was powered continuously using a 100W USB-C power adapter to prevent any interruptions mid-stream.

Using the YoloLiv Instream for TikTok

The video output from the YoloBox Ultra goes directly into HDMI input number one on the YoloLiv Instream. I also connected a Logitech C920 webcam via USB input for a vertical face cam version. Using the picture-in-picture layout, I overlaid the Ultra output on my face, giving the stream a clean, professional look.

Like the YoloBox, I connected the YoloLiv Instream to the internet via Ethernet and ensured it had constant power through a USB power adapter.

Final Thoughts: My Multi-Platform, Multi-Camera Setup

This setup allows me to stream on multiple platforms with ease, using multiple camera angles and great audio quality. It’s a perfect solution for anyone who wants to take their gaming live streams to the next level, especially if you're looking to stream on platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and TikTok simultaneously.

If you’re interested in the gear I used, I’ve listed everything below. Feel free to ask any questions or leave a comment. I’d love to hear what you think!

Don’t forget to like, share, and subscribe!

~ Adrian Lee | VideoLane.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know You Can Convert Powerpoint to DVD?

This Week in Videography: New Canon 5D Mark III Shoots Longer HD Videos